[Qt-interest] Linux frame buffer and screen resolutions

Anil H dspinside at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:36:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have cross compiled QTEmbedded for ARM
When I run my application the pitch seems to  have gone wrong.
 The display appears as if some part of the first line has gone to second
line and second line to third ,..so on
There is mismatch in the bytes per line for the display device(720x480) and
bytes per line taken for frame buffer(1280x720)
In source file in the link below
src\gui\embedded\qscreenlinuxfb_qws.cpp

The line length provided by ioctl( ,FBIOGET_FSCREENINFO,...,finfo)
This length is Fixed screen info which maximum supported by device
finfo.linelength is 1280*2 since max width supported is 1280 pixels and
number of bytes per line is 1280*2

Where as ( ,FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO,...,vinfo)
which gives dynamic(variable) screen info in which xres is 720 which is the
correct value
So while calculating pitch 720*bytes_per_pixel is to be considered

But it is taking fscreen info for calculating line_length and pitch which is
creating error in pitch and display.
How to solve this problem ?
Is there any way to override QLinuxFbScreen::connect
OR
configure environment variable
.(QWS_DISPLAY="Linuxfb:/dev/fb/0:mmwidth=720:mmheight=480 didn't work)

Thanks and regards
Anil