[Qt-interest] Qt assistant not showing gif's on unix

Dean Brown deanbrown at sandstorm.net
Thu Jun 4 21:53:07 CEST 2009

(Qt 4.5.1) We are using Qt assistant to show our help files, which
include gif images. It's working OK on Windows, but on unix (BSD) the
images are not being displayed. The main app shows gif files OK on both
platforms. On Windows we built Qt using

configure -static -fast -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg

On unix we used

./configure -static -fast -qt-sql-mysql -qt-gif --no-pch

Looking at the results from

configure -help

I did not find anything about configuring assistant.

Is this a bug? or do we need to do something different?