[Qt-interest] Menu accelerators without the Alt key

andrew.m.goth at l-3com.com andrew.m.goth at l-3com.com
Fri Jun 5 03:36:17 CEST 2009

When I preview my main window in Qt 4.5.0 Designer, I am able to select menus simply by pressing their accelerator key, without pressing or holding Alt.  But when I run my application using this same main window, I must use Alt to access the menubar accelerators.  It is important that Alt not be required.  How can I make the menubar accelerators work in my application the same way they do in the Designer preview?

The main window doesn't contain any text entry widgets or widgets with accelerators, not counting the menubar.

--
Andy Goth
<amgoth at link.com>