[Qt-interest] QApplication command line

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Jun 5 08:33:02 CEST 2009

Nathan Carter wrote:
>I'm not completely certain of this, but I think that the blocking of
>quoted strings into single parameters is done by the shell, not the
>application.  So it should have nothing to do with Qt.

Actually, it does on Windows.

On Windows, the entire command-line is passed as one string to the
application's WinMain function. But Qt has code in QtCore to split the
strings properly into argc and argv as you'd expect on Unix.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software