[Qt-interest] [Qt-creator] Perforce in Qt Creator?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at amainhobbies.com
Sat Jun 6 02:51:41 CEST 2009

Ok, some more details. I finally figured out why it does not work in 1.2.80 - I forgot to have the directory with my new test projects in it mapped into my Perforce repository, so Qt Creator would not show the menus. Once I did that, now it does successfully show the menus.

However the appear to be some bugs in 1.2.80 related to Perforce, when I tried to create a new project and add it to VCS, as it put extra slashes in the p4 commands, causing the project not to open, and then Qt Creator to crash. So 1.1.0 seems more stable, but it does not work because Qt Creator cannot seem to find the P4 binary to run.

Is there an easy way to pull the source for 1.1.0 and patch it to fix the path to the p4 binary, that was obviously fixed sometime between 1.1.0 and 1.2.80?

Regards,

Kendall Bennett, CEO
A Main Hobbies
424 Otterson Drive, Suite 160