[Qt-interest] QUdpSocket datagram, how to get the whole package

Marco Borm qt-lists at retrodesignfan.eu
Sun Jun 7 03:32:07 CEST 2009

As already written UDP uses a IP not a MAC to address the communication
peer. It is possible to map a IP with a MAC using the ARP protocol, but
the MAC you will get isn't always the MAC of the PC you talking with.
For example if there is a IP-router between two networks every device on
a side will only see the MAC of the router but never the real MAC of a
device on the other side.

So if you still want the MAC, check if there is some API to access the
arp-table or directly access "/proc/net/arp" on linux.

Marco