[Qt-interest] GPL development status on windows

Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa christopher at technophile.info
Sun Jun 7 12:21:33 CEST 2009

 Søndag 07 juni 2009 10:41:15 skrev denebet :
> Hi all,
>
> What is the best way now to   debug and compile for distribution under
> windows ?

Debug under Windows? I use Qt Creator on both Linux and Windows. Excellent for
debugging.

> Up to now, I was developping only under linux and then compiling on windows
> with mingw.
> There was only one bin problem with mysql support so I shipped the windows
> version with only sqlite support.

Yeah, those plugins can be pesky. That said; you can actually get it the
mysql-plugin compiled on Windows. Google e.g. "qt 4.5 windows mingw mysql" and
you'll find plenty of how-to's on how to get that up and running.

> Now, I encounter a sqlite related bug only under windows and I need to
> debug it.
> On one side, qtcreator allow to build and debug easily under windows but a
> web search seems to reveal that  adapting 4.5.x for use with visual c++
> express is not that hard and that could help me to ship my app with mysql
> support.

I tried getting the Mysql-plugin to work using VCe but failed. Mingw worked
for me though. :)

--
Christopher