[Qt-interest] setPaused Does Not Resume QTimeLine Where Paused

Karol Krizka kkrizka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:58:22 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I've run into a problem. I'm using QTimeLine to control an animation,
and I'm adding controls like play/pause buttons. Obviously, for this I'm
using the QTimeLine::setPaused(bool) to pause it.

According to the documentation:
"If paused is false, the timeline is resumed and continues where it
left."

However that is not what I'm experiencing on Ubuntu Jaunty with Qt
4.5.1. I've created a simple application where I start a timeline and
connect the QTimeLine::valueChanged(qreal) to a simple slot where I just
print out the value of the time. Then I connect a checkbox button's
toggled(bool) signal to QTimeLine::setPaused(bool).

Here is what I see. When I hit pause, the timeline stops sending the
valueChanged(qreal) signal as documented. However, when I resume the
time line it starts at a later time and not where I paused. Here is the
output around the point where I pause:

0.104922
0.108805
0.112748
0.116753
PAUSED HERE
0.630572
0.636627
0.64266

Is this a bug or something I'm not understanding from the documentation?

I've attached the test project.
--
Cheers,
Karol Krizka