[Qt-interest] Interview and fetchMore()

Philip Scott qt-interest at foo.me.uk
Mon Jun 8 16:39:53 CEST 2009

  Hi Arnold,
>> I was having similar thoughts, although I couldn't quite pin down concretely in my mind how this might be achieved. Do you mean creating a proxy model in which zooming in added extra points to the end of the dataset?
>>

> What I mean: On zooming in you would need to add rows in the middle. And if it
> really is zooming in, the boundaries would move to, so rows from top and
> bottom would be removed.
> Which could be optimized into zooming by factors of 2 where the number of rows
> doesn't change but the data in the rows and in the according header.

Ah okay, I think I am understanding you now.

If I am correct you mean getting rid of fetchMore() altogeather and
implementing/using my own flavour of it in the view and the data source?
I think I can manage that. Or is there something cunning I am missing :)

Thanks ever so much for your reply,

- Philip