[Qt-interest] Qt Thread with Realtime scheduling

"Alexander Carôt" alexander_carot at gmx.net
Mon Jun 8 18:39:53 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the realtime capabilities of QThreads: In order to get the best time critical performance I declare my QThread as QThread::TimeCriticalPriority.

This, however, doesn't work sufficiently. What I need is realtime scheduling. I know how to provide this for a Linux application, thus:

#include <sched.h>
int setRealTimePriority() {
  struct sched_param param;
  param.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);
  sched_setscheduler(0,SCHED_FIFO,&param);
}

but I don't know how to apply this to threads - especially to QThreads. Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance

-- A l e x
--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Carôt