[Qt-interest] Interview and fetchMore()

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jun 8 19:17:34 CEST 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 16:39:53 Philip Scott wrote:
> >> I was having similar thoughts, although I couldn't quite pin down
> >> concretely in my mind how this might be achieved. Do you mean creating a
> >> proxy model in which zooming in added extra points to the end of the
> >> dataset?
> > What I mean: On zooming in you would need to add rows in the middle. And
> > if it really is zooming in, the boundaries would move to, so rows from
> > top and bottom would be removed.
> > Which could be optimized into zooming by factors of 2 where the number of
> > rows doesn't change but the data in the rows and in the according header.
> Ah okay, I think I am understanding you now.
> If I am correct you mean getting rid of fetchMore() altogeather

Yes,

> and
> implementing/using my own flavour of it in the view and the data source?

but the key to understand model-view is components. If a behaviour is not
specific to that one model or that one view, create a new component.
In this case the new component would be a proxy model [1] to be plugged
between the original model and the view.
Of course you can just include the behaviour in your model, but I am
interested in this too. And if you create a proxymodel and publish it (or send
it to me), I can directly use it on my models. :-)

Have fun,

Arnold

[1]: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qabstractproxymodel.html