[Qt-interest] Again, regarding QThread

Patric userqt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:08:26 CEST 2009

Hi there, another little question regarding QThread here.
>From here :
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/threads.html

Event driven objects may only be used in a single thread. Specifically, this applies to the timer mechanism and the network module. For example, you cannot start a timer or connect a socket in a thread that is not the object's thread.

What means
connect a socket in a thread that is not the object's thread ? I think this means that if you want to connect signal from one object to slot from another, the both objects should be in one thread.

But thrn how to connect objects from different threads ? I think the only possible way is to first connect the two objects, and then use the "moveToThread" method to place one of the objects in other thread.

Am I right ?

Patric

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4098 (20090522) __________

http://www.eset.com