[Qt-interest] Height of QPushButton and QLineEdit different

Oliver Demetz forenbeitraege at oliverdemetz.de
Tue Jun 9 12:30:29 CEST 2009

Hi!
ensurePolished() was a good hint, but it does not do the job.
I am calling in the constructor of the containing widget the following code:

   lineedit->ensurePolished();
   button->ensurePolished();
   lineedit->setMinimumHeight(button->height());
   lineedit->setMaximumHeight(button->height());

and it does *nothing*.

*BUT* if I call this code from a slot that is connected to a
button-click ( ie. when the widget is already created *and shown*), then
it works fine.

How can I use this code at construction stage?

I tried it with a stylesheet, but also that does not help:

QPushButton {
	min-height:30px;
	max-height:30px;
}