[Qt-interest] qtconcurrent::run() virtual member methods?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Thu Jun 11 00:17:10 CEST 2009

Daniel Bowen wrote:
>I was just contemplating making a request to add a timeout for
>QNetworkRequest/Reply to Qt itself.  What I'd like to see is at least
> one timeout value, but ideally 2 new timeouts - a "connect timeout" and
> a "read/write timeout".  Then, if a timeout is encountered, the reply's
> error could be QNetworkReply::TimeoutError (which is already defined).
> Connect timeout would be how long before giving up on connecting to the
> resource, and read/write timeout is how long to go before giving up on
> being able to complete a read (on a get) or write (on a put or post).
> It could be done using QNetworkRequest::Attribute -
> QNetworkRequest::ConnectTimeout and QNetworkRequest::ReadWriteTimeout.
> Each of them could be a QVariant::Int. If the QVariant is empty, or the
> value is -1, it could mean no timeout. What's the best way to make that
> request formally?

Well, there are two ways.

The preferred way is that you write your patch doing that and send it via
the Contribution Model to us. We'll review your code, make suggestions,
request testcases and we'll merge it into the main code if we agree with
the feature (I think we do).

The other way is to describe it to our bugs database and wait for one of
our engineers to have the time to implement it.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software