[Qt-interest] Model/View speed of Models with many many items and item changes

Heiko Steindl heiko at kom.at
Fri Jun 12 16:26:05 CEST 2009

Hello All!

I have a question about the speed of Qt's models and what kind of model
is the best for many items.

The problem is, that the model should have approx. 100.000 rows and
about 30 columns with one QTableView connected.

Inserting the data is fast (I currently use QStandardItemModel), but
than, the data of about 20.000 items (x 3 columns) should be
changed.

This is taking a long time and uses about ~ 80 - 100% of one cpu core.

What could I do, to speed this up or is there another model better for
this case?

I thought about a in memory sqlite database with a QSqlTableModel, but I
don't know, if this makes sense and would be faster.

Thank you very much for helping!

Best regards

Heiko

--