[Qt-interest] QDataWidgetMapper

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Fri Jun 12 20:09:50 CEST 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 11:57 PM, Benjamin Sonnemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to ask QDataWidgetMapper for pending changes?
>
> So when i call toNext() or similar functions i can ask the user if
> he wants to submit  his current data or discard it, and only when
> there are really

I've often wondered the same thing. From what I can tell,
QDataWidgetMapper has no isDirty() type of function that can easily
tell you if something has been edited. The best  solution I have been
able to come up with is using the textEdited() or similar signal of
the final widgets themselves to set an "edited" flag. Of course, you
have to remember to set it back when going to the next record.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd