[Qt-interest] Data directory best practice

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Fri Jun 12 22:11:09 CEST 2009

What is the commonly accepted best practice (if there is one) when
setting a data directory for a Qt app? I am developing on a mac, and I
would think I'd want to put the internal (not user) data files in the
Library/Application Support directory. But of course, that wouldn't
work well on windows (even using QDir::rootPath() ) as c:/Library/
Application support doesn't exsist. I could, of course, use a #ifdef
to define it differently based on compile OS, but is there a better way?
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd