[Qt-interest] Why the sql sentence can't be exec in QSqlQuery?

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Sun Jun 14 17:59:40 CEST 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 17:51:49 Kermit Mei wrote:
> But in my Qt4 code:
>
> query.exec("SELECT text,pos_x,pos_y,size_x,size_y"
>                         "FROM WidgetItem"
>                         "INNER JOIN CWPage"
>                         "ON WidgetItem.CWPageId=CWPage.id;")

You need to put in spaces where appropriate in this string, i.e.:

query.exec("SELECT text,pos_x,pos_y,size_x,size_y"
                         " FROM WidgetItem"
                         " INNER JOIN CWPage"
                         " ON WidgetItem.CWPageId=CWPage.id;")

Otherwise the string that would eventually be parsed by the SQL driver
would look something like this:

"SELECT text,pos_x,pos_y,size_x,size_yFROM WidgetItemINNER JOIN \
  CWPageON WidgetItem.CWPageId=CWPage.id;"

Clearly not valid SQL. I've been bitten by this myself a few times.

HTH

Andreas
--
Andreas Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4