[Qt-interest] Specified Compiler Not Supported

Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle mailinglists at MailNewsRSS.com
Mon Jun 15 05:03:08 CEST 2009

Hi All,

OS X 10.5.7, QT 4.5.1 open-source

I have the Apple Developer tools installed, but I also have the Intel
compilers installed too.

I get:

[jtsm at MacDubb ~/qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.1]$ ./configure -help

    The specified system/compiler is not supported:

       /Users/jtsm/qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.1/mkspecs//usr/local/
Qt4.5/mkspecs/macx-g++

    Please see the README file for a complete list.

1. I have never had this happen, but this is a brand new computer I
just got today.

2. What is the syntax that I use to specify the Intel compilers? I
know the mkspec is macx-icc, but I dont know how to implement using it.

Would anyone have advice?

best,

-Jason