[Qt-interest] QT signal and reentrant

Paul Floyd paulf at free.fr
Tue Jun 16 12:36:31 CEST 2009

Quoting é&#8218;µåº¦ <shao.tu at gmail.com>:

> After executing above program, if I send the signal USR1 to it within 5
> seconds, the output will display "2^5 = 8" as its result.
> This error is due to the behavior while receiving signals in UNIX.
> My question is: will the same situation occur while emiting a QT signal? Any
> why?
> I can't figure it out from QT documentations even if I study it many times.
> Can anyone explain me the detail QT signal/slot mechanism?

Qt signals/slots have nothing to to with C/unix signals. The former is a system
for dispatching function calls. The latter is a system for handling asynchronous
hardware interrupts (it can also handle software signals sent with kill/raise).
Qt makes little use of C/unix signals - the only bit that I'm aware of is in
QProcess (SIGCHLD, SIGIO, SIGKILL, SIGTERM and SIGPIPE).

A+
Paul
--
Paul Floyd   http://paulf.free.fr