[Qt-interest] Model/View speed of Models with many many itemsand item changes

Heiko Steindl heiko at kom.at
Tue Jun 16 17:29:35 CEST 2009

Hi all! :)

I tried it out now with different things.

The fastest way is (at least for me) to block the signals and than to
process the model row-by-row,
even if there is no change of the data (and skip the item of course),
instead of searching for the items,  which should be changed and than
after all work is done,
to deactivate the blocking of the signals.

Now it processes about 10.000 items in ~ 35 - 40 seconds. :)

I would to thank you all for all tips and help about this! :)

Best regards

Heiko

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen