[Qt-interest] Qt4.5 branch trying to build 64bit on 32bit linux

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 18 00:01:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

seems like there's been some change to the architecture-detection code
in Qt's configure. The 4.5.1 I've built via kdesvn from qt-copy had no
problems whatsoever, however I just fetched the 4.5 branch from git and
that tries to build qmake for 64bit which of course doesn't work on my
32bit system.

The problem is that apparently the newer detection code relies on the
output of uname -m which is not enough in my case. I'm running an amd64
Kernel but the distribution itself is pure 32bit (so I can easily access
the full 4GB of RAM). This means that uname -m prints x86_64, but
compiling an application with the 64-bit flags will not work.

I'd like to get some input on wether I just need to live with the
setarch call before configuring or wether maybe configure should be
extended (again?) to cope for that case.

FWIW, cmake has no problem with my setup and will always create 32bit
binaries.

Andreas

--
While you recently had your problems on the run, they've regrouped and
are making another attack.