[Qt-interest] Windows theming of standard dialogs

Constantin Makshin dinosaur-rus at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 18 03:27:14 CEST 2009

The screenshot I attached to my previous message was from that Qt example.
Do you get the same (wrong) dialog in all Qt applications or is this
problem specific to one program? If all Qt programs suffer from this
issue, then your extension(s) which add extra buttons to the dialog title
may cause it somehow.

In that case try to disable the extension(s) and open the dialog again.

If that doesn't help, open the application executable and search for
"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" string (usually somewhere near the end
of file). If it's not there, then the application is compiled without
complete XP/Vista/7 theming support (Qt has no control over drawing of the
native dialogs) and you should either:
- compile Qt and application with Visual Studio 2005 or newer;
- add the manifest file attached to this message to the .rc file as a
resource of type 24, identifier 1:
      1 24 DISCARDABLE "full.manifest"
   and add this .rc file to your project (RC_FILE variable).
   Both resource file and updated QMake project for "application" example
are also attached to this message.

If nothing helps, then I don't know what's the source of this bug.

--
Constantin "Dinosaur" Makshin