[Qt-interest] How to iterate over receivers connected to asignal?

Scott Aron Bloom Scott.Bloom at sabgroup.com
Thu Jun 18 20:11:08 CEST 2009

From: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com [mailto:qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com] On Behalf Of Dave Schuhman
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:26 AM
To: qt-interest at trolltech.com
Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] How to iterate over receivers connected to asignal?

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply.

>The short answer is: you can't. Qt purposefully doesn't provide this

>since a "well-written" program shouldn't need it. The logic is similar

>to why you can't know what function called the current function.

I need it because I want to serialise QObjects and for this purpose such reflective functionality would indeed be very usefull.

What approaches do you guys take when serialising signals/slots of QObjects?

Cheers,

David

Die virtuelle Festplatte im Netz - 25 GB für deine Bilder, Musikfiles und Dateien! Jetzt kostenlos sichern! <http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0906WLPhotos_WW>

The way I have solved this in the past, I created my own, custom property... That listed the objct and signal/slot that particular signals were attached to

Scott