[Qt-interest] MainWindow::paintEvent() constantly called

Mike mdurhamesq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:38:37 CEST 2009

Greetings all,
I'm using QtCreator 1.0.0 on Linux Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty.

I have a very simple first project that has a main window containing
only one Lable which I use to display a picture from my web-cam. This
works fine, except, the paintEvent() is constantly called. It seems that
updating the Lable with an image from the web-cam causes a trigger to
re-call the paintEvent()
function. If I ignore the re-call each time after I update the Lable,
then everything works fine. Is this a known feature/problem?
Any help appreciated.

BTW I think it's a great IDE, it was just what I was looking for.

Cheers, Mike