[Qt-interest] Issue before release

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Fri Jun 19 15:57:04 CEST 2009

On Friday 19 Jun 2009 13:49:36 Kavindra Palaraja wrote:
> Sujan Dasmahapatra wrote:
> > What are relationship between view and scene ?
The scene is effectively a source or model of data. The view is a tool to
visualise this data. You can have several QGraphicsView objects displaying
different views onto a scene. For e.g. an overview window at small scale and a
normal window that shows detail in one particular area. Take a look at the
40,000 chips demo included in the Qt package. This shows 4 independent views
onto the same scene.

> > I create a graphicsItem
> > which has it's defined coordinates.Now how will I render it on the
> > screen.? I have doubts whether I want to render it on the scene or on
> > the view ??..Please clear my doubts ..
Read the docs and look at the examples to get the concepts clear in your own
mind before diving in as it is very easy to get lost in coordinate
transformations to start with. Then try modifying some of the examples to see
what effect your mods have. Then try constructing your own scene from scratch.

Cheers,

Sean