[Qt-interest] How to fix the size of a LineEditor in a Layout

Joe Liu passer.by007gg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:16:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

I use Qt designer to generate the layout of all widgets in my dialog.

I now have two widgets, a LineEditor and a Slider. I grouped them in an
HBoxLayout, however, every time I attempt to do so, the lineeditor is
automatically resized to 133 pixel width, while I actually want one in 40
pixel width.

I tried to assign the lineeditor different size policies, but they seems do
not work at all. I can not change the lineeditor's size in whatever way.

Do you have any idea on how to force a lineeditor to a customized size by
using the Qt Designer?

Thank you.

Joe