[Qt-interest] Qt::FramelessWindowHint turning off control over application via task bar.

Kamakshi Sivaraman Kamakshi.Sivaraman at lntinfotech.com
Wed Jun 24 14:32:40 CEST 2009

Hi ,

I am using Windows XP.In this OS its not working .
Please suggest how can I use it in XP.
Is their any event present in Qt to detect the application triggered from
taskbar ?

Thanks & Regards,
S.KAMAKSHI
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited
Whitefield,
Bangalore -560066

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

John McClurkin <jwm at nei.nih.gov>
Sent by: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com
06/24/2009 05:56 PM

qt-interest at trolltech.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Qt-interest] Qt::FramelessWindowHint turning off control over
application via task bar.

Kamakshi Sivaraman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have developed an application using
> setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint), now as i used this I unable to
> control my
> application like minimizing or activating the application from the
taskbar.
> Please help how can I overcome this problem.I want to minimize and
> activate my application from the taskbar as normal done with other
> applications.
> I have to use the above flag to get frameless window.
>
> Please suggest.

What operating system are you using? This works fine for me on Linux
with Gnome window manager but not on Windows XP.