[Qt-interest] Major bug inQAbstractSocket'smethodwaitForReadyRead()

Patric userqt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:02:37 CEST 2009

>1. My network cable is plugged in. The first setRequest is successful, so
>it returns true. After that I'm removing the cable. The second request is
>unsuccessful, so it waits 5 seconds. And all other requests wait for >five
>seconds. And this is the correct behaviour.

>2. My cable IS NOT plugged. The first setRequest is unsuccessful, so it
>waits 5 seconds and continues with the second. But here ! it don't wait 5
>seconds, it immediately returns FALSE. Which I think is not >correct.

These are the tests. I'm using a network module (hardware device) here which
I control via SNMP. I can't write a small program, because it'll not be so
small and it'll not work without the device.

But I'm using the method through the QUdpSocket class.

I'm just saying it's possible this method to have a bug with randam
occurance. I can't define what's the reason for it.

Regards,
Patric