[Qt-interest] Returning arbitrary value?with?QApplication::exit ()

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Jun 27 11:46:34 CEST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 22:27:35 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 26.06.09 16:13:10, Pascal Patry wrote:
> > Whether it is caused by Qt or not, bugs should be opened in respective
> > trackers if this is the case.

Reporting to the Qt bugtracker only makes sense if it is a Qt bug...

> Just to be closed as "can't fix" or "wont fix"? Sorry, fail to see the
> reason for that. I know in theory there should be no reason why a
> QApplication might not be recreated, however in reality things are often
> pretty different.

I think the chance of these kinds of bug not getting closed with "wont fix"
rises when you provide a patch. :-)

If there are really strange problems when re-creating QApplication, maybe one
can first try to use QCoreApplication for the testing thing. Then try
QCoreApplication + QApplication, then try two QApplication...

Hm, might write a short test-case during lunch break.

Arnold