[Qt-interest] Returning arbitrary value?with?QApplication::exit ()

Diego Schulz dschulz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:23:11 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:08 AM, <bd.anon at free.fr> wrote:

> Why not let the application close normally, and then restart it using
> a simple watchdog application ?

In fact this is my "watchdog mechanism" :)
I think an external watchdog application/script/whatever makes
portability/deployment a little more complicated.

> This will work just as well, avoid any potential double QApplication
> initialisation problems, with the additional useful property that your
> application will restart even in case of complete failure, when you do
> not terminate properly.

Good point to consider. It's just that the application I'm developing
doesn't pay for itself and doesn't really deserves such level of
sophistication.