[Qt-interest] [OT] RE: FireFox 3.0.11 freezes when accessing the qtsoftware.com website

Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch
Mon Jun 29 14:01:12 CEST 2009

cb wrote on Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:56 PM:

> I am running Windows XP.
> Here is how to reproduce it: I went to http://www.qtsoftware.com,
> then I clicked on the Support & Services button. FF freezes. The
> status bar shows 'Transferring data from qtsoftware.com...'. Internet
> explorer 8 works fine.

Windows XP, 32bit, FF 3.0.11 works fine with what you described above. Maybe some additional plugin (Web Developer, some filtering software, NoScript, ...) prevents you from showing that page?

I remember one nasty Plugin/Addon (Skype, which tried to identify phone numbers on web pages and make them a link) which interferred with Google Maps, for example. It simply would not allow moving the map with the mouse! As soon as I had uninstalled that plugin everything worked fine with Google Maps.

Cheers, Oliver
--
Oliver Knoll
Dipl. Informatik-Ing. ETH