[Qt-interest] ItemDelegate not getting called when click+dragging outside of a table

Neil Hooey nhooey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:46:45 CEST 2009

I wrote an ItemDelegate that I've set for several tables, that changes
the appearance of cells when they are pushed and released.

When I click+drag on a cell, and drag the mouse outside of the table,
that ItemDelegate is being called to redraw one particular table, but
for the rest of the tables it's not.

The table that works properly, and has its ItemDelegate called when
click+dragging outside of the table, has these modifications in the
ui_*.h file:

table->setPalette(palette1);
table->setAutoFillBackground(true);
table->setStyleSheet(QString::fromUtf8("QTableView {\n"
	"  border: 1px solid black;\n}"));
table->setFrameShape(QFrame::StyledPanel);
table->setLineWidth(0);
table->setVerticalScrollBarPolicy(Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);
table->setTabKeyNavigation(false);
table->setSelectionMode(QAbstractItemView::NoSelection);
table->setShowGrid(false);
table->setSortingEnabled(true);
table->setCornerButtonEnabled(false);

I haven't been able to find anything significantly different between
my working table and the rest.

Does anyone know to get the rest of the tables have their ItemDelegate
called when click+dragging out of their boundaries?

- Neil