[Qt-interest] Best Practices for Qt Localization Webcast Now Available on ICSNetwork

Robert Hairgrove evorgriahr at hispeed.ch
Sun Mar 1 17:15:00 CET 2009

Amy Zinkann wrote:
> The latest ICSNetwork webcast is now available for download at
> www.ics.com/icsnetwork.

I wonder why you couldn't offer a PowerPoint format as download? It
appears that the 93+ MB video in MP-4 format has no audible sound,
although there is an audio track in the video stream. And there is no
animation at all, so the original PPT file would probably be a fraction
of the size (NB: OpenOffice Impress can load and play PPT presentations
very nicely).

Unfortunately, none of the older links on that page seem to work ... I
always get timeout errors.

As to the content, you can sum it up in two words: "Use tr()". :)

Still, I have yet to see any i18n/l10n tool which can handle all of the
Russian plural forms properly (there are several, not just 2 possible
cases, depending on the number involved).