[Qt-interest] moc hates my shared objects?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 1 19:41:01 CET 2009

On 01.03.09 17:45:09, Andrea Franceschini wrote:
> 2009/3/1 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
>
> > The usual way to create plugins is to have a shared library that contains
> > all the needed interfaces/classes
>
> So I understand it would really be more useful to go with the plugin
> facility provided by Qt itself, right?

That doesn't change anything if the interface that the plugins implement is
compiled into the application binary and not into a shared lib used by the
plugin and the main app binary.

> I assumed everything would have worked because I already did something
> like that for another application which wasn't using Qt and nothing like
> that happened.

Well, IIRC there are ways to link a shared object against an executable -
at least on windows. So that would also "solve" your problem.

Andreas

--
Bridge ahead.  Pay troll.