[Qt-interest] Memory problem

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:34:40 CET 2009

Hi,

2009/3/2 Alvaro Sánchez <>:

>    I've got a problem in my Qt application, the memory grows continuously up
> from I start it. Firstly, I thought I was doing many "new" without "delete",
> but I've tracked the code in runtime and I haven't continuously done "new".
> Does anybody know what is happening?

We could help you better if you could post some code.
You may be doing a 'new' in a loop of some kind but the loop executes
more times than you expect.
How fast is the memory leak? Does valgrind pick it up? How much memory
do you use up?
Is it in the stack or the heap? (I suspect the heap)

Good luck,
Srdjan