[Qt-interest] QTcpSocket.

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:55:06 CET 2009

Hi,

2009/3/2 Predrag Manojlovic <>:

> Many people are talking about networking without threads. I think that
> it is not possible always to avoid threads.

I was under the impression that the recommended approach was to have a
non-threaded networking code, and just use the event loop to handle
multiple peers. But if the work you do for each peer is time
consuming, you push the work request to a thread or several threads,
to avoid blocking the event loop.

> Do anyone have example for small TCP chat server/client without threads?

I thought there was one on the Trolltech site... Maybe you can modify
the Fortune server example.

Srdjan