[Qt-interest] will the open source version 4.5 support visual studio

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:26:31 CET 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>> Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> brian li wrote:
>>>
>>> Answering the subject: Qt 4.5 will support Visual Studio, just like Qt
>>> 4.4 does. The Open Source version has supported Visual Studio since Qt
>>> 4.3.2.
>> Hello Thiago,
>>
>> What about MSVC (8 or 9) project generation? AFAIK only the commercial
>> Qt was supporting this. I am asking because I would like to use
>> qmake/qtcreator for Linux but cmake is the best choice for native
>> project generation...
>
> The Visual Studio project generator is the feature I mentioned that got
> open sourced in Qt 4.3.2.
>
> If you have a specific problem, please say so. For all I know, this should
> be working for 1½ years.

Really? So I was living in the dark for all these years! :-/
Does this work under Linux?

I tried 'qmake -win32 myproject.pro' but all I get is warnings and I
don't see any .sln nor vcproj generated. But maybe I don't use the
correct options.

WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\main.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\AppliPairing.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ExternalTool.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\MainWindow.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\PlugConfigData.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\PlugFrame.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\Str.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ThreadPairing.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\AppliPairing.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ExternalTool.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\MainWindow.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\PlugConfigData.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\PlugFrame.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\Str.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ThreadPairing.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ui\PlugFrame.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\src\ui\MainWindow.ui

Please find attached my project file.

Thanks,
Abdel.