[Qt-interest] Display and use QWidgets inside QGraphicsView and/or QGLWidget

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:40:04 CET 2009

Hello everybody. No problems this time, nor esoteric crashes, just a question.
Some time ago, I think about two years, I asked on this list if it was
possible to display and use real controls inside and OpenGL viewport
and I've been answered with "wait a little bit more, we're almost
there". Now Qt's obviously already there since I've drooled for a long
time on the embedded dialogs demo. But as far as my knowledge,
everything I saw since the landing of that demo said QDialog inside
QGraphicsView so my question isn't that obvious and I want to ask it
before I start to thoroughly study the matter: is it possible to use
QWidget (and properly derived classes) instead of QDialog? I'd like to
do this in order to not have a full featured QDialog in the first
place, and to re-implement the painting routines in order to make the
widgets look a lot different than the standard appearance (this is a
strong requirement).

I assume that I could simply request a borderless/titlebarless QDialog
and to the same things but it would be a lot cleaner if I could simply
use QWidgets.

--
Andrea