[Qt-interest] Printing to pdf on windows

Diego Schulz dschulz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:44:23 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa
<christopher at technophile.info> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> The usual story: you figure it out just after having asked. The addition of
> printer.setOutputFormat(QPrinter::PdfFormat);
> did the trick.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Btw; why did the code _just work_ on Linux without the above statement?

I guess the above code "just works" on Linux by generating Postcript
(not PDF). And maybe the same application you are using for opening
PDFs is able to show Postcript too (Okular?), and doesn't care about
the file extension (.pdf).

regards,

diego