[Qt-interest] translator application not showing the desired result.

Denis Dzyubenko denis.dzyubenko at trolltech.com
Tue Mar 3 18:38:09 CET 2009

Hi,

Avishek_Sharma wrote:
>    I downloaded an application called 'Google Translate' from qt-apps.org.
> The url is :- http://www.qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Google+Translate?content=100039&PHPSESSID=0732da0a50644164183a4b77497d8be4
>
> The application is supposed to function this way-
>  enter a word in the 'from' textedit box and click 'translate' pushbutton(ofcourse,you have to select the language you want to translate to, from a combobox) and the  tranlated text is shown in the 'to' textedit box.The app connects to 'google translate'(a feature in google' http://translate.google.com/translate_t#)     to perform the task.
>
> The problem I am facing is that,though the application window shows up  but, it doesn't show the translated text.

> Any idea as to what could be the reason for the code not working.Please check the attachment for the source code.

Looks like there is no response to the http request. Do you need a proxy
settings to access the internet? Have you tried just waiting for the
reply (it might take a while to get an error message)?

btw, there is a newer version available on the qt-apps.org
Also I've created a git repository with some small modifications to the
application - http://github.com/shadone/translator

--
Denis Dzyubenko
Software Engineer