[Qt-interest] Submitting patches?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 5 02:32:41 CET 2009

Chris Meyer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to Qt and considering using it for one of my next projects.
>
>This is probably an obvious question once you know the answer, but here
> goes:
>
>If I find bugs or make improvements to the Qt source code, what is the
>preferred mechanism for submitting patches? Is this process documented
>anywhere on a web page? My search on Google for 'Qt submit patch
>site:trolltech.com' turned up nothing.

Right now, the only mechanism you have is to submit via email to qt-
bugs at nokia.com or use the form in our website for creating bug reports.

But we're working to get a more transparent and open solution, thus
allowing contributions to be made more easily. I don't have a timeframe
for this model, but it's coming soon.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software