[Qt-interest] License ActiveQt Open Source 4.5

Benjamin Parzella bparzella at spa.de
Thu Mar 5 09:16:10 CET 2009

Hello,

I noticed that the Open Source version of Qt 4.5 contains the source code of the ActiveQt components. Trying to build it with qmake gives me the error

Project MESSAGE: You are not licensed to use ActiveQt.

But the header and source files state that they are licensed under the BSD license, which allows the usage in commercial closed source applications without publishing the source code.
Does that mean I can use ActiveQt in my closed source application by building it myself (e.g. with a custom project file), or are there any other restrictions I missed?

I want to create an ActiveX component with ActiveQt and the LGPL Version of Qt 4.5.

Thanks,
Benjamin
--
Benjamin Parzella
SPA Software Entwicklungs GmbH

Amtsgericht Coburg HRB 1534
Geschäftsführer: Georg Sauer / Axel Dressel