[Qt-interest] To start a thread without having a class derived from QThread

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Thu Mar 5 10:56:25 CET 2009

On Thu March 5 2009 10:52:30 Hemalatha Venkataswamy wrote:
> For using QRunnable also, it seems we need to have class derived from
> QRunnable. is this true? I have few functions which need to be called when
> I click a button and this should be processed in a thread so that it does
> not disturb my main UI thread.
>
> Is there any example codes available?
As Yves Bailly already mentioned, Qt Concurrent is your best bet. There's
example code here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtconcurrentrun.html#run

HTH, René
--
René Reucher
rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
http://www.batcom-it.net/

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury.  Due north of the
center we find the South End.  This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End.  North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.