[Qt-interest] Which compiler would you recommend for Windows?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 20:55:59 CET 2009

On 05.03.09 12:54:42, Sven Grunewaldt wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I currently don't know which compiler I should use under windows... I
> have access to Visual Studio 2008 Professional via MSDNAA and there are
> MinGW and TDragons MinGW+GCC4.3 builds.

Use Visual Studio, its generally faster when compiling, it has often
better error messages, is sometimes stricter (sometimes just weird
though) and in general more stable (regarding ICE). I didn't do much
with mingw/gcc4.3 yet, but mingw/gcc3.4 isn't fun to work with (is not
even able to compile the code I work on in my spare time).

Andreas

--
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.