[Qt-interest] [Linux] Ugly anti-aliasing (still) in Qt 4.5

Sebastian Krause sebastian at realpath.org
Thu Mar 5 23:39:47 CET 2009

Maik Beckmann <beckmann.maik at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Sebastian Krause <sebastian at realpath.org>:
>> No, it's vertical RGB ordering with very common subpixel smoothing
>> and full hinting. More or less the default used for LCD screens on
>> Linux system.
>
> This is an very annoying Qt4 issue and I don't get why it isn't fixed
> (there must be a fix, since Qt3 and gtk apps are just fine).   Adding
>  <match target="font" >
>   <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
>    <const>vrgb</const>
>   </edit>
>  </match>
> to ~/.fonts.config fixed it for me.

Could you show me the whole content of your file? No matter what I
add or change in ~/.fonts.conf the font rendering always looks
exactly the same in Qt application, even though according to strace
it's actually read by Qt programs. GTK programs react correctly to
different settings in the ~/.fonts.conf.