[Qt-interest] New User : feed back and bugs

QbProg tholag at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:33:43 CET 2009

Hello there!
I just started to use Qt (well,from 4.5beta) and I like it.
I have a bunch of projects in Visual C++, so I'd like to share here my first
impressions of the usage of QT.

wchar_t handling.  In windows new projects have UNICODE enabled by default,
so there's a big usage of wchar_t around.
I have seen a number of bugs because QT by default compiles with wchar_t NOT
as native type, while VC compiles with wchar_t AS native type.
(This is because of fixed bug
127244)<http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=127244>
Also I see comments there that state that Webkit doesn't compile with
/Zc:wchar_t-

So, in fact, I have disabled that option in the mkspecs with VS2008, and
everything compiles fine,even WebKit. A "configure" flag would be just
needed to enable or disable
native wchar_t handing. (I would make wchar_t native , since it's the
compiler default)

Also , I've filed a bug to ask "wchar_t *" QString constructor support,
since there's only one for (char *). In windows MS forced the  _TEXT("")
habit for strings, so this is another common case.

--

Also Is there a way to get an account for Task Tracker ? I'd like to comment
bugs :)

I'm keeping trying!
QbProg