[Qt-interest] Plugin Issues

Niklas Berglund niklas.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 18:06:00 CET 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Juan D Guzman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am fairly new to Qt and have been using only a small time in VS2008.
> I have successfully built an application that loads plugins.  My
> problem
> is that when I compile under VS2008 everything works fine and the
> plugin  loads with no issues; however, when compile in Qt Creator
> using
> MinGW everything compiles but the plugin doesn't load.  I am at a loss
> as to why any suggestions?

I suspect that your app is compiled with one compiler, while the
plugin(s) are built with another compiler.
Causing build key to differ. See http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/plugins-howto.html#the-build-key

Make sure you recompile the plugins and the app in QtCreator.
I've recently been struggling with this myself.
I had to remove the plugin builds manually to get them to recompile.
There's probably some other way to do it.

Hope this helps

/Niklas