[Qt-interest] using an application's databse connection insideaDLL (on win32)

Adolf Markus Berthold berthold at organet.com
Mon Mar 9 11:08:46 CET 2009

> Without a reproducible codebase to work on, its hard to give much
> advice...

I guess so ... But the concerning codebase is too large to post :-) .

> However, what type of DLL linking are you using?  Are you statically
> binding or dynamically binding?

Hmm .... what is the difference ??

I know the concept of a static library (xy.lib with msvc or libxy.a with gcc)
which is linked into the application and is an integral part of the executable
file afterwards. I know the concept of a shared library on linux which is
a separate file that it linked at runtime. And I know the concept of a shared
library on windows which is a separate file with the extension .DLL and is
not linked at all, but involves a specific mechanism to open and query it,
which in turn is hidden in a static stub library. If there is some kind of
a static DLL, then I don't know it.

> Create a simple couple of projects and post them and maybe we can help.

I'll see if can find the time. And I thank you for your efford.

--

Greetings ... Adolf Berthold