[Qt-interest] OpenGL ES 2.0 support broken?

Kimmo Kotajärvi kimmo.kotajarvi at nomovok.com
Mon Mar 9 11:16:33 CET 2009

Hello,

I am working in a project where we use Qt with OpenGL ES. So far we have
been using gles 1.x but need to move to 2.0.

First of all, on desktop I am using the PowerVR emulation libraries from
http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-sdk.asp.

I edited /mkspecs/common/linux.conf and changed QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL,
QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL so that they would use the
correct headers and libraries. Then I configured Qt with

./configure -opengl es2 -nomake examples -nomake demos

And then build. The build failed, I attached the error log. The error
log is also on pastebin in case the mailing list eats attachments:
http://pastebin.com/f3a37942a

Anything I am doing wrong? Building with -opengl es1 works fine. The
gles2 emu library also shouldn't be to blame, as I can build and run
other gles2 applications fine.

I already made a bug report of this.

--Kimmo Kotajärvi